ICHRA for Small Business
Offer health benefits to your employees— tax-free, and with great savings.
ICHRA (pronounced “ICK-rah”) gives employers the ability to reimburse employees pre-tax for health insurance premiums and medical expenses.
Catch a Webinar and Learn More
Learn the ins and outs of ICHRA, Southwest Health Alliance plans, and how to get started. Need some quick answers? Send us your questions and we’ll be happy to help you. Email us
Key Benefits of ICHRA
- Provides more flexibility to the employer who can choose the level of contribution and which class of employees qualify
- Provides choice to the employee: They no longer have to choose just one plan, and can shop for plans that fit their needs and budget best.
- Rates are individual market rates, meaning about 15-20% less than the typical group plan
- A robust network for the Four Corners region
- Can be offered to full-time, seasonal, or part-time employees
- Contributions are pre-tax
Watch an ICHRA Primer Video
*Federal regulations dictate that businesses offering both ICHRA and traditional small group plans at the same time are subject to size requirements. Talk to your broker about these restrictions.
Ready to Get Started?
View our webinar page to watch a how-to on implementing ICHRA on your own. Or speak to your broker. If you don’t have one, check our list of Peak Preferred Brokers—they’ve completed our ICHRA training.
- All reimbursements are tax-free
- To qualify, employee must fall within a designated class set by the employer and use reimbursement towards qualifying plans
- There is no minimum or maximum employer contribution limit
- Employers can divide employees into different classes and may offer different contribution amounts for each
- There is no minimum participation rate for ICHRA*
- Employers may offer other benefits like dental in addition to ICHRA
Are You a Broker?
Join our network of experts offering the most up-to-date knowledge on plans from Southwest Health Alliance. Learn about the Peak Preferred program